Wednesday, July 15, 2009

one down, two to go!

So, for the past month or so I have been gearing up for what I have termed Market season for lovestamp. Three markets is one month = very busy me! So the first market was last weekend, and I have to say I was extremely nervous to be doing it. It is sort of easy to sit here behind my lappy, but to actually get out there, that is a little harder. The build up had been hectic with school holidays, me being sick as a dog with a horrendous 3 week flu, that is still hanging on, and just life in general, but we got there, and it was all alright on the night as they say. Firstly I want to say a huge thank you to a few people, first of all my amazing mother, who sewed for me, babysat for me, fed me, looked after me and wiped my tears over the past few weeks, where would I be without you mum, I love you. Mr Petrie, my husband, supported me, helped me immensly, helped me get prepared, tackled the little peeps and just nursed me while I have been ill, you are a super husband, even though you drive me bonkers! You got up early in the cold and dark on sunday to help me with the market, you spruiked, you raved, you got people interested, you handed out over 250 business cards, you were a lifesaver, even when I had an anxiety attack mid afternoon you still kept going, thank you. To all my lovely family and friends who made the trek out, Sonya & Georga, Madonna Carl & the kids, Vanessa & Isobel, Ange Ray & Sophie, Mary Terry & baby sam, Jacinta, Christine from Little Diva, Claire & her kids, all my lovely customers, and all my new ones, thank you. It was a fabulous day, beautiful sunny skies, lots of chocolate and coffee and a huge crowd. Lovestamp had a hugely successful day, and we are very proud, but could not have done it without all of you, so thank you. Lovestamp will definatley be back at the Boutique Markets soon!

Boutique Markets Portside Wharf...lovely images of the day!

Now on to the next market this weekend - Mathildas Market Brisbane. On this sunday there are around 70 stalls I believe so it should make for a great day, rain or shine! So come on down and say hello!



Other than that lots has been happening, spent some time with our lovely friends, had a bbq, went to music show with the kids at the powerhouse, to the park. Freckles had a few sleepovers with best friends and cousins, a truly busy few days in the big smoke.

Lots of new stuff happening with lovestamp. New products to tell you about..see below, they will all be in the shop by the end of the week, and at the markets this weekend!

1. Sugar & Spice, sweet little girls necklace

2. Little Sentiments

3. Sterling Silver Guitar Pick

4. Baby Love, baby bracelet available in heart, circle or square

5. Lovely, gorgeous large heart with fresh water pearl

6. Ambie, amber teething necklace for children/babies, customised

7. Sterling Silver tag keyring

8. Baby Love bracelet

These will all be available by the end of the week in the shop & at the markets!

Hope you all have a great week! xo

2 little pieces of your mind:

Little mimoo said...

Jo, so sorry to hear you were a bit anxious mid afternoon and I hope you recovered quickly! I tell you though as I have done a few markets and I have never seen a fellow stall holder have so many friends visit them!!!! It was crazy as you all looked liked you were having a party most of the day so i am so pleased for you that you enjoy the experience as the first market is always the hardest. i hope you have stocked up on business cards for this weekend as I suspect the mothers of Brisbane will go crazy for Lovestamp!! i will stop by and say hi. I am stall no. 7 :-)

Kawaii for You said...

Hi Jo. Thanks so much but I didn't really do anything! Anyway, it was so great to finally meet you and most of your family). Hope you weren't too knackered on Sunday night! No doubt I'll run into you again soon. Good Luck for Sunday. Christine xo