Tuesday, April 13, 2010

{Connect2Mums 2010 Conference}


Connect2Mums is a wonderful place where Mumprneurial Mums can get together and help each other along is this crazy world that is the Mumpreneur! They are having a conference in Brisbane later in the year that I would dearly love to attend, so here is my entry..
Why you would love to come to the 2010 Mumpreneurs Conference.....



I have thought long and hard about writing this post. I have written it and re-written it. Ever since I saw that the conference was on, I have been thinking about taking the plunge and going along. But, and there has always been a But! I just wasn’t sure if I really qualified for the fabulous things on offer.


You see I never have really thought of myself as a Mumpreneur. This got me thinking though and assessing what I do. I have thought about the comments I receive about my work, not only from friends and family but from complete strangers and other wonderful women out there in the blogosphere, market world, online, wherever. I have worked hard to turn a small hobby I suppose you would call it into a thriving business that is growing everyday. I am always seeking new ways to build my business but also hopefully help others along the way on their journey.


A very good friend of mine is continually telling me “Jo you are a business woman, you are successful and you need to believe that, because everyone else already sees you that way!” And you know what she is right.


So with that being said, I would love to come to the conference, to do something for myself, to be surrounded by intelligent, motivated and successful women and hope that some of that rubs off on me.


It really is that simple, nothing too complicated, just honest.


I read this poem once, and really love what it says.


The Empowered Woman by Sonny Carroll


she moves through the world


with a sense of confidence and grace.


Her once reckless spirit now tempered by wisdom.


Quietly, yet firmly, she speaks her truth without doubt or hesitation


and the life she leads is of her own creation.






She now understands what it means to live and let live.


How much to ask for herself and how much to give.


She has a strong, yet generous heart


and the inner beauty she emanates truly sets her apart.


Like the mythical Phoenix,


she has risen from the ashes and soared to a new plane of existence,


unfettered by the things that once that posed such resistance.






Her senses now heightened, she sees everything so clearly.


She hears the wind rustling through the trees;


beckoning her to live the dreams she holds so dearly.


She feels the softness of her hands


and muses at the strength that they possess.


Her needs and desires she has learned to express.


She has tasted the bitter and savored the sweet fruits of life,


overcome adversity and pushed past heartache and strife.






And the one thing she never understood,


she now knows to be true,


it all begins and ends with you.




Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Please leave a comment as I would love to hear why you think I should go to the 2010 Mumpreneurs Conference.


Thank you.

Jo.

5 little pieces of your mind:

Ash said...

Wow Jo! That's such a beautiful heartfelt post. I think you should go too! All the best!

willywagtail said...

I think you should go because you really want to. It begins and ends with you so don't undersell yourself. Love the poem. Cherrie

Unknown said...

I couldn't think of a better person to go. If there is somewhere I can vote, let me know. x

Strawberry Jam Designs said...

Jo I can only applaud your intentions, your articulate way of expressing them and your quoting of the most beautiful poem I think I've ever read. All true, all worthy and I'm sure I will see you at the conference one way or another! Demand a place at the conference from your angels and accept it gracefully in expectation that it is already on its way. Start packing special items to take in preparation! See you there! xo

La Toriana said...

what a gorgeous post and a poem that will stay with me for a long time. It gave me goosebumps and moved me.

You so deserve to be there... among so many others
Your presence at this conference will be felt not only by you, but those around you too. I cannot wait to meet you. look out for me...

warmly
elizabeth xx