Wednesday, September 14, 2011

coke addict



ok, so this post is a little hard to write. It is always really, really hard to admit when something is wrong, or you know you are doing something  you shouldn't, but as "they" always say the first step is to admit it and second it to do something about it..so here I go.

I am a coke addict. Not the coccaine sort of coke but the coca-cola sort of coke. I have been a huge consumer of the sugary sweet fizzy concoction for god knows how long, years and years..cannot go a day without it, and have way way way too much, sometimes up to six cans a day...I know even as I write that I cannot quite believe it.  So, suffce to say, I hate it, as much as I love it, if that makes sense, but for awhile now I have had this horrid nagging voice in my head telling me this is not good, and you need to make a change. I think I just didn't because I was not strong enough, or willing enough to let this crutch go. But, I want to lose some weight and I want to get myself healthier for me. In turn making my life better for myself, my family, my work and especially my kids.

Now I know, you may think, urgh addicted to coke, boo hoo, yeah right get over it. But I have spoken to my doctor about it and she is totally convinced that it is an addiction so I am not just making it up! lol.

So 7 days ago, I did it, I decided that was it, I was fed up and was NOT having it anymore. The stuff is now banned from life, my house, my anything. I have gone 7 full days without one single sip..and you know what, I feel great. I have only had two cravings, and one set of the shakes, which I think was more caffeine withdrawal than anything..I don't drink tea or coffee so the caffeine withdrawal was gonna be a toughy. So that is that...I am on the beginning of a path, I have a few other things I need to give up, but that is another day, baby steps...I will let you know how I am going in 6 months..

Do you have any addictions you would like to beat or have beaten? Please share...xo

0 little pieces of your mind: