Friday, April 4, 2008

a little better..



Me at my pc

So I am a little better today. Had a quiet day to myself which was great. Still went back to bed until lunchtime after the school run, but not going to beat myself up too much about that. I was asked by my gorgeous friends to a lunch but declined, and my other peep wanted me to catch up on sunday but also declined. You see I suffer from PMDD or pre-menstrual dysphoric disorder ( see explanation below). I have suffered from it for a long time, since my teens. It can pretty much take over my life and totally consume me. So for the last two weeks it has. I do take medication for it, which helps immensly, but not completely. I will have to take medication until after menopause which is just a fact of life. It is hard, the symptoms are hard, but...I am grateful, it could be much worse. But having said that, when I am in it, like I am at the moment, I feel consumed by it, I dont answer the phone, I dont go out, I dont speak to anyone or go anywhere...it takes all my effort to appear "normal" for my kids, and I think I have them fooled for now. I know it will get better in the next week, but until then I just put on my coping mechanism and keep going.

My dh is amazing, and knows everything there is to know about it, and will let me stay in bed for a week if I need to....he is truly a blessing.

Anyway enough of that, had a bit of pizza tonight not real good but oh well just walk it off tomorrow, I did however get out of bed at lunchtime and cleaned my house top to toe, did all my washing, hung out and brought in on the same day, started marinating some sirloins for dinner tomorrow night, photographed my ebay stuff, and went for a walk. So all in all a quite productive day I think!

Anyway I have added a 50 things about me...just for a bit of fun..have a go yourself.
Cheers...

Premenstrual dysphoric disorder or PMDD is a condition associated with severe emotional and physical problems that are linked closely to the menstrual cycle. Symptoms occur regularly in the second half of the cycle and end when menstruation begins or shortly thereafter. PMDD is not just a new name for premenstrual syndrome (PMS), a condition that affects as many as 75% of menstruating women. It is, however, considered to be a very severe form of PMS that affects about 5% of menstruating women. Both PMDD and PMS share symptoms in common that include depression, anxiety, tension, irritability and moodiness. What sets PMDD apart is its severity. Women with PMDD find that it has a very disruptive effect on their lives.

PMDD symptoms begin sometime after the middle of a monthly cycle (after ovulation), usually get worse during the week before menses, and then usually disappear within a few days of the start of menses. The symptoms follow this pattern every month or almost every month

Very depressed mood, feeling hopeless
Marked anxiety, tension, edginess
Sudden mood shifts (crying easily, extreme sensitivity)
Persistent, marked irritability, anger, increased conflicts
Loss of interest in usual activities (work, school, socializing, etc.)
Difficulty concentrating and staying focused
Fatigue, tiredness, loss of energy
Marked appetite change, overeating, food cravings
Insomnia (difficulty sleeping) or sleeping too much
Feeling out of control or overwhelmed
Physical symptoms such as weight gain, bloating, breast tenderness or swelling, headache, and muscle or joint aches and pains

50 Things About Me

1. What year was the best year of your life?
2001 when I had my first child

2. One animal or insect that Noah should have left off the ark?
Toads they destroy everything

3. Do you make a wish before blowing out your birthday candles?
Oh yes definately

4. Do you generally open your bills on the day that you receive them?
No..I usually procrastinate

5. How many pillows are on your bed?
4

6. Favorite ice cream flavor?
Cold Rock vanilla, with hot chocolate sauce with marshmallow, smarties & mars bars mushed in

7. What is the most dominate color in your wardrobe?
black

8. Have you ever seen a ghost?
Yes I believe so.

9. Would you rather go to a carnival or circus?
Carnival, I think the circus is cruel10. Favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Breakfast

11. Your favorite fictional animal?
The Very Hungry Caterpillar

12. Have you ever flown first-class?
I wish.

13. Would you go on a reality show?
Yes, if it was the biggest loser

14. Are you more optimistic or pessimistic about the future?
Mmm, depends on the day

15. Pancakes or waffles?
neither

16. If you could own a home anywhere in the world, where would it be?
The Maldives

17. Your favorite Soup of the Day?
Pumpkin

18. What site is a must see for all visitors to your city?
Laguna Bay

19. Favourite Restaurant?
Banyan Tree Resort Maldives Beach side restaurant

20. You go to the zoo; What is the one animal that you want to see?
The Gorillas

21. Potatoes, rice, or pasta; Which is your favorite?
Pasta

22. What is the best movie that you've seen this year?
Across the Universe

23. One of your favorite books when you were a child?
Are you my mother?

24. What in your life are you most grateful for?
My family and friends

25. You are home alone and use the bathroom; do you close the door?
nope

26. What is your favorite small appliance?
Umm, cant say on a public forum LOL

7. Salty snacks or sweet treats?
sweet

28. Are you usually a little early, a little late, or right on time?
A little late

29. What is the most daring thing that you have ever done?
Saved someone from drowning

30. Have you ever met someone famous?
Yes, Bono from U2 he is the most famous

31. What was one of your favorite games as a child?
Hide from my mother at the shopping centre

32. At what age have you looked your best?
Oh early 20’s

33. One person that never fails to make you laugh?
My son

34. What was the first music that you ever bought?
Some really crap 80’s discotheque album

35. If you could change one thing about your family life when you were a child, what would it be?
That my mum and dad had stayed together

36. What is the one thing that you cook that always receives compliments?
My roast chook

37. From what news source do you receive the bulk of your news?
Early morning tv news

38. In the last calendar year, how many people have you told that you love them?
Oh lots

39. Who received your first kiss?
Some guy who’s name I have no idea, one NYE in a field in a farm, we made out like crazy..it was awesome.

40. The single most important quality in a mate?
trust

41. What do you value most in a relationship?
honesty

42. Do you believe that you have a soulmate?
yes

43. Do you consider yourself well organized?
Umm no

44. On average, how many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
As little as possible45. Did you ever make a prank phone call?
Yes heaps

46. What one quality do you seek in a friend?
equality

47. Have you ever killed an animal?
Yes, a bird, it ran into the car

48. When you were twelve years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?
air hostess

49. Do you believe in a afterlife?
yes

50. What would you like to accomplish with the remaining years of your life?
So much, too much to write, happiness, love, peace, self acceptance, seeing my kids grow and live their lives, travel, be a grey nomad, laugh, drink, financial freedom, friendship..lots of things.

0 little pieces of your mind: