Sunday, September 28, 2008

busy busy busy...

Well we have been busy busy busy...lots of things going on, day 5 of school holidays brough with it a pretty busy day..kids in all different directions, the boy off to daycare and freckles off for a playdate..which did not end well! I dont know about you but we live in a country known for its high skin cancer rate..and my daughter has beautiful fair skin, freckles, blonde hair and blue eyes..so she needs sunscreen. But no..she goes off for a play date and comes home from 5 hours at the pool completly burnt to a crisp! (Can you tell I am a little cranky about this fact!) I nearly died, when I saw her I actually was lost for words..why? how? I packed zinc cream and sunsblock, I gave directions to the said mum (every 2 hours she has to have it on), but no, apparently she was given the sunscreen and told to put it on herself..SHE IS 7..she isnt going to do that, and even if she did not with any success..so hence my hubby has now banned her from going to said house, and we have been nursing one very sore little girl for a the last few days, who now has a blistered face (grrrrrrrrrrrr) Luckily my lovely girlfriend gave us some medicinal aloe vera which has worked a treat. I dont know about you, but I just think that it is all a bit crazy and and irresponsible. Anyway have had my rant now. What else happened..oh went on a road trip to do some errands for work, was convinced to do this by my hubby with the lure of some country op shops..and guess what he was right, picked up some very sweet things (check back tuesday)..then off again home for some general domestic goddesss type stuff..

Then it was Friday night...and oh boy what a night..I was lucky enough to have a "girls night out" with some gorgeous mums from school. We headed to the local RSL..yes that is right RSL for an ABBA revival show that one of my besties desperately wanted to see...a little apprehensive, but the chance of a night out with the girls was just too much..and you know what WE HAD A BLAST! It was truly awesome..thanks to my peeps for showing me such a good time! But a picture tells a thousand words...

A fantastic time had by all of us..now a restful weekend..hope you all have a good one!

0 little pieces of your mind: