Monday, September 29, 2008

day 6...roll on summer roll on...

Day 6

Day 6 brought with it the most beautiful day...a gorgeous Monday, with some great plans to boot! We headed off early to the Op Shop, to grab (hopefully) some great bargains from the weekend clean outs! Mondays are great days at the oppy as all the big stuff from the weekend comes in and you can often jag something really cool..but...I have to admit I did get a little "thrifitng-rage" this morning. It was hot, two kids in tow and a few people waiting to get in the shop, so we go in and I head in, have given freckles 80c for the lolly machine with strict instructions to get 40c of lollies for each of them..so that is fine, she is all over it..(good girl!) So anyway I head down an isle and their they are, staring at me, calling me..4 beautiful russian dolls (matroyska, nesting dolls), so I head to them (quickly) and grab one and have a quick look at it, as I am doing this, this guy grabs all of them off the shelf and throws them in his basket without a second thought, I mean I am standing in front of them, one in hand about to grab them all, when no, he basically railroads me, I say very loudly "EXCUSE ME" and hes says "Well you gotta be quick round here..LOVE" with that I reply I was about pick them up and he says "Too BAD". GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... I could have...well you know..anyway, I took my 1 doll and grabbed a few other things and left in disgust, karma baby, karma. Anyone else out there had a little "thrifting rage"? Please..do tell....



Anyway after that...we headed to the river for a fabulous morning of frolicking in the water, lazing on the towels under the trees, playing in the park, eating cupcakes and fruit, general banter amongst the mummies and a really lovely time! The kids then came home and played for the rest of the afternoon eating iceblocks and playing under the sprinkler..




All in all a fabulous day, tommorrow we are off to see Wall-e at the movies..

You know what I am loving the school holidays..(well today anyway!)
Later Peeps...

Ps..guess who started wearing his first pair of undies today...
woohoo...roll on the days of no more nappies!




0 little pieces of your mind: