Wednesday, March 4, 2009

10

ok so I have just realised that I forgot to mention something.
There was a whole reason for all my "love month" posts last month, and I forgot to mention what it was..so here it is...

Our 10 year Anniversary!

I know, I know, how could I forget, well I didnt forget "it", just to post about it. So yes on the 27th February it was our 10 year anniversary. I cannot for the life of me believe that we have been married for 10 years! I cannot believe that someone in their right mind would stay with me for that long, other than my mother, but he did, and I love him for it.

(us then)

We have been through alot together, not more than others, not less than others, just "our" stuff.
We have bought houses, sold houses, slept on the couch at different times, yelled, screamed, thrown things, made out in strange places amongst other things, travelled to far off lands and had the time of our lives, floated around on air mattresses off the beach in the maldives, danced soaking wet till the wee hours with fuffafini's in thailand, we have loved, laughed and cried. He has been there to hold my hand, hold my hair, wipe my tears, carry me when I could not walk, take me to the doctor when I needed care, listened to my insane rantings and ravings, he has let me cry for hours after we lost our babies (due to 3 miscarriages) and was right there with me when our first born took her first breath, he has convinced me to move cities, shown me a better way, loved me "unconditionally", and fulfilled one of my dreams by moving us to the beach, he is the most amazing father, always making time for our children, morning noon and night, we have camped, renovated, travelled numerous times, he has introduced me to amazing and lifelong friends, he drives me nuts - daily, but is and always will be the one I want to see first thing in the morning, he was with me all the way when I birthed our baby boy (and how proud of me was he when he realized that I grew a "penis") I am superwoman!!. But probably when he came into his own was on two very poigniant situations, when I was diagnosed with post-natal depression after our little girl was born, and more recently when my father died in my arms.


I think the trick is that we have both never been out of love with each other at the same time, oh and no one else would put up with either of us!
I love him more than words, and cannot imagine a life without him. I love you my darling.
So anyway, it was our 10th anniversary and we went and stayed at some very generous friends home whilst they are away..it was bliss. So I got prepared, children worn out from swimming, some drinks, low lighting, candles, baby oil, music, you get the picture, so I go and have a lovely warm shower and this is what I found when i came back......


yes that is right, the boy and the hubby passed out fast asleep on the couch! So much for a romantic night! Proceeded to eat the chocolates, and drink the wine by myself as I watched my beautiful boys sleep. I figure I am so lucky to have them in my life, to be able to hold them and love them everyday. I dont need anything fancy just my family.

us now

So that was our night, we ended up having a fab weekend catching up with family etc.
Anyway that is it...
I am off to bed...nite xo

2 little pieces of your mind:

Kiki said...

Now that is one of the sweetest posts I've ever read. Seriously. So honest and pure. Here's to the next 10 years for you.

CurlyPops said...

What a sweet post. Happy Anniversary!