Tuesday, March 30, 2010

mmmmm....melbourne


So a couple of weekends ago I headed off to Melbourne for four days.  I guilted my mum into coming along as she has not been back in over 20 years. We had a fabulous time..I didnt get many pics as I was just having a relaxing time, but here are a few.
We spent Friday night in St Kilda..I love St Kilda..we had the dodgiest accommodation in the world thanks to booking over the net..but we where so tired it didnt matter.  We headed into Ackland street for some delicious food, dinner at Roccoco's, and few wines. We then hit the cake shops...belive me if you are a dessert person this is the place for you. Me, I dont like cakes so not great, but mum got the most amazing French Vanilla slice that was the size of a small island. She could not eat it after dinner so she ate it for breakfast!

dodgy accommodation!


mum & I having dinner in St Kilda

On saturday we trammed it into the city for a bit of retail therapy..went to Bourke Street and Vic Markets. Then back out to St Kilda to the Magnolia Square Market. Wow how awesome is that market...lots of loveliness and a few online friends...


lovely ladies from sweet william, one of my faves

another fave Printspace


I then headed to my cousin Rachaels place. The whole reason I was in Melbourne was to attend her 30th.
It was  cracker of a night at a pub in St Kilda.

 


We then spent Sunday and Monday with family catching up. Mum saw all her sisters which was great and she was so overwhelmingly happy.

Great trip..too short..back in Melbourne in May for Mathildas Markets...

see ya.

1 little pieces of your mind:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

That looks like a great time was had by all! And don't you look sassy as a blonde!

xx