Monday, April 19, 2010

book club...book 1.

So last week my gorgeous friend Claire invited me to join her lovely book club. To say I was honoured was an understatement and I am really looking forward to getting together on the Tuesday night once a month to discuss the books...it will be full of laughs, maybe a wine or two and pizza...how fabulous..
The first book I am reading is from one of my fave authors..Jodi Picoult...it is her new book...House Rules...So I better get off to bed and start reading..

Are you guys in a book club? Let me know what you have read...would love some suggestions...

2 little pieces of your mind:

Vanessa said...

Hi Jo,
I have just stumbled upon your blog via WAHM's FB page. I was immediately captured by your book club post. I am in a book club too and I too just finished reading House Rules. 4 girlfriends and I started our book club almost 2 years ago after we went to listen to Jodi Picoult speak about her most recent book at that time - Change of Heart. We talk about books at some stage in the evening, but our monthly get together is always a fun night of delicious wine, gorgeous nibbles and too much gossip. Hope yours proves to be the same!
Also just looked to the right of the screen and saw the GORGEOUS Edward looking back at me... Team Edward alllll the way baby indeed! Seems we are kindred spirits.
Ciao
Vanessa

Yonique said...

Jodi Picoult is my fav author at the moment to. I have just finished Handle with care which is very sad but I want to read her new one that you are reading but when I start one of her books nothing gets done until I am completely finished it so I may hold off for a few months.