Friday, October 8, 2010

grateful

Namaste....Tonight I had the pleasure of attending the movie Eat, Pray, Love with a fabulous bunch of women. As I sit here now on my bed, my little boy fast asleep beside me, my daughter in her room with two of her friends having a not so sleepover..my husband falling asleep on the couch..and the rain pelting down..I feel so lucky. I don't have a flash house, a flash car, a house full of designer furniture or a wardrobe full of the latest styles..but I do have a beautiful life, people who love me - for who I am, faults and all.  Eat, Pray, Love is one of the best books I have ever read..so good I read it twice..and I never do that.  Liz Gilbert is an inspiration...and a very brave woman.  Sometimes my life can get well totally whacked out and off kilter..sometimes I find myself getting so overwhelmed with my kids, my husband, my work that I sit and wonder scarily how in the hell I am going to get through the next hour let alone the next week.  Alot of nights I find it hard to sleep because my mind is racing with all the these I want to do and all the things I have to do. I know I am not alone and alot of mothers/women and probably men fell like this, but somehow I get through.  I know I am rambling, and I am sorry. Maybe I need a silence badge. 

But, as I drove home tonight with two of my friends laughing, I looked out the window at the rain and thought about the incredible month I have just had, travelling to foreign countries with my family and friends, experiencing the utter fabulousness of floating on a cloud in a hot air balloon, and travelling north to visit my beautiful friend and her family..I am so blessed...I am so grateful for what I have today.  I know tomorrow that those thoughts will creep in like they always do of wanting more, being better, beating myself up for not spreading myself far enough around..but in these moments of calm and peace..I can see the big picture and for this moment I am grateful..so thank you all of you who come along on my crazy sometimes completely f^%C$d up journey that is my life....
Now I need to sleep...

have a beautiful weekend....

ciao x


2 little pieces of your mind:

Maxabella said...

Jo, I feel exactly the same way. Exactly. I wish my mind had an 'off' switch sometimes.

I started up 'Saturday Grateful' linky a while ago to remind myself every week that there is so much in my life to be grateful for.

http://maxabellaloves.blogspot.com/2010/10/this-saturday-im-grateful-for-wharfs.html

I started with the 'big three' (children, husband, home) and now I'm focusing on all the little things that make my heart sing in the midst of all the chaos. x

Sophie said...

So glad you did this pst. I was blog hopping this morning and came across your blog via fat mum slim. I recently did an eat, pray, love post too! I am in love with the boo....easily the best I have ever read! Haven't had time to scroll through any of your other content but....I am following now as you must be an alright sort if you like this book too! lol... Sophie x